Friday, July 10, 2009

Ricë the Pooh

So one of my New Friends from Art Fiber Fest, Reenie, of Material Whirled yarns, was grousing about The Dreaded Wal-Mart and about the people who go there in their Winnie the Pooh sweatshirts, and somehow it came around that perhaps she’d send me one. And I said, “Do, and I’ll come to your house and hurt you. Badly.” Because she’s the kind of cool person you can threaten with serious bodily injury without causing her to turn you in to Homeland Security. Or so I thought.

And then this shows up in my inbox.

RicethePooh

I’m rolling in the floor, but I’m also plotting revenge, trying to find her address. It’s a long, long trip, but it’ll give me just that much more time to prepare. . . .I’m thinking, “What’s worse than Tinkerbelle? Hmmmmmm?”

10 comments:

Bea said...

What's worse? How about Barbie, Bratz, Thomas the train? Hello Kitty?

Holly said...

I laughed out loud. Like, Scare-The-Cat-Loud.

journalrat said...

Curses, why didn't I think of that!? Reenie, congrats! I love it. (But watch your back!)

Jackie Wood said...

I was there when this devious little plan was coming together. All I have to say...I have her address!!!

Ms. F said...

One of those smiley "have a nice day" shirts
PERFECT

BloggingQueen said...

*cough cough gasp for air* Whoooo...

You need matching earrings. No, a matching TATTOO. Oh God, I'm going to die laughing.

mo said...

i'm sorry, but wtf is wrong with pooh? i'm a huge fan. i have 2 t-shirts with a big pooh on them, but haven't worn them in ages. where did i buy them? yep, wally's world. or possibly targay ;)

it was a phase, what can i say?

however, the sight of you wearing a big pooh on your chest did cause me to snort coke thru my nose! hee ;)

Anonymous said...

nix on the pooh tattoo. i do actually know someone who has him on her ankle tho. that reminds me of a girl i saw here in seattle at a folk festival who had tattoos that were an extention of her sort of art deco sock pattern. cool but i remember thinking i hoped she bought a life-time supply of those socks

donna said...

Tinker and Winnie got me thru some very serious abuse when I was a child. They rock!

Anonymous said...

i laughed so hard i pee'd. that is hilarious!