Tuesday, September 29, 2009

WooHoo Revisited

Good grief. I was trying to post a photo via the iPhone from Barnes and Noble, where I walked in today to get Audrey Niffeneger’s new book, Her Fearful Symmetry, and saw this:

1

Only BlogWriter, which was a fabulous app when I first got it and used it in New Orleans, is now fucked unto the lord, verily. And it’s not just me:  the recent reviews all report the same problem: every time you tap the keyboard to type a letter, the keyboard vanishes. Grrrrr. So now I’m trying to find and download a blog app that will work without taxing my very, very meager patience. No luck so far. But still! The B&N trip was such a thrill:  Joyce, the Community Relations Rep, is such a sweetie. Lots of copies in more than one location.

4

And The Fabulous Becky Boone, manager of the cafe there, put a display right across from the bar:

2

I just grinned and grinned. It never gets old, you know? And, boy:  people are so terrific!

4 comments:

Thien-Kim aka Kim said...

That's very exciting! I spotted your book at my local Borders the other day but was too busy kid chasing to check it out.

I didn't realize that Niffeneger's new book was out! Will have to put in a request at the library. Give us a review when you get chance! I loved The Time Traveler's Wife.

mo said...

i've read wonderful reviews of "fearful symmetry" and placed a HOLD on it at the library. would love to know what you think of it once you've finished it ;)

Bad Alice said...

I use the BlogPress app for my iPhone with no problems at all. I did a test post with it tonight uploading a bunch of pics and it worked fine. Before I deleted the test post, I did notice my default settings for pictures didn't happen. It was good enough for on the fly posts that could be "prettied" up later.

peggy gatto said...

I am off to see Mr barnes and Mr noble!!!!
Congratulations!!!!