My Photo
Midland, Texas, United States
I write. I make stuff.

FAQ's

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Podcast with Jill Berry

Jill is completely fabulous in many, many ways, as many of y'all know from having taken her classes. I've gotten to peek in some of those, and I'm always intrigued by everything she's doing. I love her journals and what she does in those, for instance. But what's REALLY cool to me is her curiosity, her enthusiasm for little bits of things she discovers and then wants to know more about (about which--yeah, yeah, yeah). Like Vesta, or Nino Fidencio, or sea monsters. Or any of a whole bunch of other obscure topics she's researched and made into art. I love it, and I wanted to talk to Jill about what inspires her.


To see more of her work, you can go to here to the website she created for her new book, Personal Geographies: Explorations in Mixed-Media Mapmaking, and find links for everything else.

11 comments:

Carla Sonheim said...

I really enjoyed this interview, Rice and Jill!

I spent the last hour happily making fish and listening to you two talk about passions; fun!!

Ricë said...

Thanks, Carla! Glad you enjoyed it. Happy fishes!

Bren said...

This was such a great interview, fascinating topic. Going to have to check out the book now :-)

cami smith said...

Great interview with Jill ! Got really jazzed about her creative process.. thanks for doing such a great interview with such a great person.

Cami

Ricë said...

Thanks for listening--we had a great time!

Jane LaFazio said...

That Jill! She's a researching maniac. Fun interview, thanks Rise! and I can't wait to get a copy of Jill's new book!

Bren said...

Enjoyed this, what an interesting concept. Thanks for doing these interviews for us.

Jane Davies said...

Fabulous! Great to hear your voice, Jill, and more about what you do. I love the book! Such a refreshing take on art-making.

Leslie Tucker Jenison said...

Really great interview, Jill and Rice.

Ricë said...

Thank you!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Just listened to this fab interview. I am so interested in maps. Thanks for the doing the interview with Jill.