My Photo
Midland, Texas, United States
I write. I make stuff.

FAQ's

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Here's How I Do the Hems

I did a little video for y'all this morning. OK, well, it's not *little*--it's over seven minutes long. I was going to fast forward through most of it, make it in fast motion, but I was talking, and there's music in the background, and so I just left it. Feel free to wander off and get another cup of coffee in the middle of it. But Lennie Lulu does make an appearance! You don't want to miss that!

Gah.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks for that - I had been imagining how you did it. The effect if stunning.

When I have to roll a hem, after I do a section of it I use a big fat bulldog clip to anchor the started end and hold the other - I can sew a little faster if I'm not juggling it around in my fingers.

Wendy said...

I should have said that I tie the bulldog clip to something else, a chair, door handle, sleeping cat (just kidding), so I have a bit of tension on the hemline - is that as clear as mud?

Ricë said...

That made perfect sense, Wendy--I even had the visual of Lennie Lulu with the clip tied to her tail and her look of total disgust to go with it. The indignity! The insult!

It's a great solution, though. Minus involving the cat. . . .

Adrian said...

Thanks Rice. It's so helpful to see how things are done with knowing hands.

Carol said...

ooh thanks for this!! I'll be doing my hem on the gauze skirt tonight - you're a lefty, huh?

Ricë said...

Yep, a lefty. And isn't it fabulous to find a tutorial from one of us, I say!