Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Semi-Regular, Mostly-Every-Month Podcast with The Fabulous Jill Berry

You never know exactly what you'll get with someone when you call them up for a podcast. Oh, sure: there are the people I already know, people I've talked to before. Then I have a pretty good idea that they'll be interesting and entertaining. Other times, though? Sometimes I just wade in blind and hope for the best. With Jill, it's always easy, and I know I don't have to work too hard: I know I can just ask her what she's working on now and then sit back and let her take me on some fabulous adventure. She's never, ever boring, and she's always up to something new. (I think living in the same house with her would be exhausting, but it would be fabulously fascinating, too). This month she's preparing a new workshop where she's going to teach students to copy other artists.

Yep, that's what I said, too.

Click on the player below to find out what she's thinking here, and then go here to see her new-and-improved website and find out more about that fabulous give-away she mentions. Yowza!

12 comments:

Margo said...

Rice, which of the Alabama Chanin books do you consider to be the most useful? Like if I only bought one which would be best. Thanks

Ricë said...

Margo, I'd have to say this latest one, Alabama Studio + Style, is the one that's excited me the most. Second would be the first one, Alabama Stitch Book. The middle one is good, too, but I hate recipes, and so those were just wasted pages to me. This last one is def. my favorite: it changed how I think about clothing. It's gorgeous, but it's also very practical and useful, too.

Ricë said...

And omigod: I LOVE your boots/booties. What kind are they?

Deb's Artful Journey said...

I am so happy to hear you have posted another podcast! I was looking for one this morning. (You know youre my favorite interviewer, right?) And Jill is always fun and inspiring!!

Ricë said...

Thank you, Deb--a new podcast goes up every Thursday, and Jill and I are planning to do one a month.

Wendy @ the Late Start Studio said...

Here is New Zealand it's Friday evening and what a perfect way to wind up the week that was! Thanks - your's and my pleasure I think.

Maude May said...

Great talk - got so excited about Jill's class that I emailed her and signed up at Art & Soul. You're the best!

Ricë said...

Oh, fabulous! What fun you'll have with Jill~~

Anonymous said...

This was a great listen! A thought that immediately followed as a result:
"beware of all enterprises requiring new clothes"
Thoreau

Marilyn the art appreciator

Anonymous said...

By the way, is it just me or is it getting harder and harder to prove I'm not a robot?

Marilyn the Art Appreciator and Non-Robot

Ricë said...

Marilyn, I'm sincerely sorry if it's getting harder. I can't tell because it remembers me, so it doesn't let me see the captchas. I wish I could do away with them, but then there's all that spam. Any other ideas?

Anonymous said...

This is the BEST podcast- I am listening as I clean my room- trying to throw out a lot of stuff- I need to stop going to Good Will- stop going to yard sales. I could craft rest of my life and not run out of stuff. I am serious thinking of doing a local exchange. I hope you do another with her really soon. Linda in IN