My Photo
Midland, Texas, United States
I write. I make stuff.

FAQ's

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Me on Podcasting

Writer, traveler, blogger and fellow podcaster C.M. Mayo recently asked me to talk about podcasting, and since no one's ever asked me this before, I jumped at the chance. She's writing an ebook, and you can find out more about it here. In the meantime, she's posted our Q&A on her blog, here. Everything you wanted to know about me + podcasting, pretty much. OK, probably way more than you ever wanted to know or even thought about wanting to know, but it was fun for me, OK? And I didn't even use the word "boogers."

2 comments:

C.M. Mayo said...

Thanks ever so much, dear Rice, for so generously & fabulously answering my questions! Your podcast is a joy!

Caatje said...

Nice to read about your podcasts (for a moment I thought you were doing a podcast about podcasts, which I found really amusing, but I was wrong).
I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you how much I enjoy your podcasts and I really appreciate all the trouble you go through to put them together. I love listening to them while I do mindnumbing work like gessoing pages or mindless doodling. What I find amazing is that even if the work of the artist does not always appeal to me, their personality usually does. I'm forever fascinated by what makes artists tick and how they go about their process. You've also introduced me to some people I had never heard of (oh my god, the mice lady was amazing) and confirmed my good opinion of people I already 'knew' (Roz Stendhals interview in 2009 is still my absolute favorite, talk about no nonsense art).
So all this comment really is is a big thank you for your podcasts and I hope you keep doing them for a long time.