Thursday, June 14, 2012

Podcast with Melanie Rothschild

Oh, honeys--you're going to love listening to Melanie! She's going to talk about mistakes, but don't worry: the word will mean something completely different after you listen to her. I, personally, cannot WAIT for her documentary: all kinds of people doing all kinds of work, all talking about what mistakes mean to them. (I'll find out and let you know as soon as it's available. Really. If I don't, you remind me, OK? Thank you.)

Melanie's work has been featured in galleries and shops across the country, including Bullock's and Neiman Marcus and the shops at The Smithsonian Institution, and her work has been licensed by Target. You can read more about her experiences in these two blog posts she did for CreateMixedMedia.com, here and here, and you can also visit Melanie's website, here.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

LR said...

fresh and insightful perspective.
wonderful interview.

Wendy said...

Another wonderful podcast for my Saturday morning listening pleasure!
I too am over the pretentious twaddle of many artists' statements. While I'm interested in what drives someone to create any form of art, I like to feel free to have my own experience of it. I learned from some early counselling training that the meaning of any communication is the response you get to it. If art is truly a way of communicating then surely any response I have is valid although it may not be what was intended.
I do hope you make more podcasts with such brave and perceptive artists as Melanie Rothschild.

Kathryn Usher said...

Who knew a mistake could lead to such sweet work? Her hanging paint drips appeal to me, I think because they remind me of swatches of fabric.

Carolyn said...

Thank you Rïce and Melanie! I enjoyed and appreciated your podcast.