What we've got are a couple warm tunics with raw-edge hems.
Last time we went to San Angelo, it was cold, and so all I looked at were things to keep me warm. These are perfect--warm, not too heavy, big enough to layer over a long-sleeved t-shirt. Each has a pocket, which is A Very Good Thing (not as good as two pockets, but, hey)
While I love raw edges, I absolutely loathe hems that roll up. Seriously: it drives me nuts. So I have to figure out a way to fix them--and I almost typed "weigh to fix them," which is apt because adding a little weight is the easiest way.
So what I did today was to cut strips of t-shirts--a burnt-ish orange for the brick red tunic, a bright red for the orange one (because I have a couple jackets I wear, one bright orange corduroy (L.L. Bean, cheap from Goodwill because it had a couple tiny rust stains on the front, which of course dyed perfectly), the other an XXL brick-red suede that laundered up like butter)--that I'll use on the bottom, doing the Alabama Chanin fold-over with a Cretan stitch. I won't do the sleeves because I wear them rolled up, as you can see. I might do the neckline on the red one--I'll have to see how I'll wear it and if the neck will flap over, in which case the wrong side of the binding would show, and it's ugly--the back of the Cretan stitch is not a thing of beauty.
On the red one, I'll cut off that cutesy knot on the pocket--it's different, but it just flops around and gets in the way, and it's a little too twee for me. Then I'll bind the top of the pocket. I'll have to replace the buttons, too--too small and plain, even though they aren't plastic (they've those ubiquitous shell ones).
So that's what I'll be working on this evening--got the binding cut and folded, pressed and rolled. Now to pin it in place and then stitch~~