Yay! I finally finished it! Or maybe I just quit. Hard to tell: I could see going on and on, adding more and more and more (because, of course, I kept adding to the bead stash the entire time, finding more Just Perfect beads; if I'd sewn on all the beads I had set aside/accumulated-during for this project, it would have weighed 30 lbs. At least.)
Finally I just had to quit, though. I got tired of working on it every day; I have all these other projects lined up and want to work on them. I like to alternate stitching (embroidery) with beading with appliqué, and with this, I had to do beading All Day Every Day.
So here it is. The photos aren't fabulous: I was taking these photos just now during a break from working when the camera shut off and said it needed a new battery. I got the other battery and put it in, and the camera refused to power on. I'm hoping that means the battery had lost its charge (because it hasn't been that long since I switched it out) and that putting it in the charger will fix everything, but with my luck with the batteries for this camera, I'm not holding my breath. So I'll post what I took before the battery ran out--I think you can see enough details, along with what you could see here, that it will be OK.
Yesterday I made Red Cross Sweater, and as soon as I have a camera battery charged and ready to go, I'll get photos of that. I *did* remember to take a couple photos before I started:
Pure cotton sweater. I got it second hand, and I love it. But I couldn't wear a plain black sweater with--gack!--clear plastic buttons down the front (I suspect the original owner removed the buttons and kept them, subbing in these before she sold it). I had some re-fulled red wool felt and some "vintage" red buttons, so~~
5 hours ago