was just too horrid for me to live with, but I was reallyreallyreally concerned that there was way too much green in it for it to go any other color--the dye is transparent, remember, not even remotely opaque like paint such as Lumiere or Neopaque. So it doesn't cover up color; it blends with color. I did not want yet another green tunic, so I just bit the bullet and dumped it in the dye bath that produced these:
DharmaTrading.com) white socks, a length of orange linen (on top), then white cotton jersey, and--on the bottom--orange cotton jersey. Here's what I did: I put the socks (two pair banded with thin rubber bands, one pair loose) and the reddish jersey in at the beginning of the dye bath. The orange linen and the the orange jersey were already dyed, but I wanted to pump them up a tiny bit, so I dumped them in at the very end, way after I'd added the soda ash, right before I drained and rinsed. It wasn't long enough for them to be dyed the color of everything else, but it boosted the orange just a tiny bit toward red, which is exactly what I wanted.
So I added that mustard tunic (at the very beginning), holding my breath, and here's what I got. I am beyond thrilled.
It's not going to be my favorite color, but to go from this, which, in real life was more mustard, less green:
Today: the grey-mushroom ruffled dress. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one, too~~